Thursday, July 26, 2012

Library Decor Tip: Shelf Markers

"Miss, where are the folk-tale books? I can't find them,"

For students trying to figure out the Dewey Decimal system, trying to figure out the right location for a book can be a frustrating experience. After seeing a similar idea on Pinterest, I decided to create a set of colorful, easy to spot shelf markers to assist students in finding sections of our library. It all began after I rescued and re-purposed some old magazine holders someone had thrown in the recycling bin.

Easy to Make Shelf Markers


Materials:
cardboard magazine holders
colored craft/butcher paper or wrapping paper
scissors
pencil
contact paper or laminating film
tape-I prefer storage tape (its super strong and I use it for all my displays)
title of section boldly printed on computer paper

Step 1 Measure your paper and cut it. 



Step 2 Attach label and laminate the paper or cover with contact paper.


Step 3 Cover and secure tightly with storage tape.




Step 4 Display and enjoy!
Graphic Novel section


Biography section






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for verifying. Your efforts are appreciated.