Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25 Frogs #IMWAYR November 25, 2013
















Picture Book Month Day 25 theme: Frogs
Find out more about Picture Book Month here
Download the daily themed Picture Book Month Calendar. 
Become a Picture Book Ambassador or Blogger


Books I have read and blogged about this week:
(but none of them were about frogs)
Birds

Balarama








Two Bad Ants
Rocking in my School Shoes






Miss Moore Thought Otherwise
Barnum's Bones







What I am reading and listening to:
I like to read a book and also listen to it a second time in the car or as I am writing my blog posts (like right now).



by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl



This is a very well crafted book trailer that came out long before the movie. I think the creators did an excellent job of providing a glimpse into the story of Beautiful Creatures.

..and of course-the movie trailer. I haven't seen the movie yet. I am one of those book people that must read the book first before seeing the movie. 

Awesome new arrivals in my school library!

I will be reading these next week. 

 So glad to finally have Mr. Wuffles in my school library!

I am looking forward to the holiday season ahead. Such a great time to snuggle in and read my heart out. Happy reading to you all.

11 comments:

  1. I have been hearing wonderful things about Mr. Wuffles. I need to get my hands on a copy! I'll have to check the public library. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a truly original story. I love the alien language and know my kids will too.

      Delete
  2. I love Two Bad Ants for talking about perspective. It took me forever to find the hidden dog in that one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great book for perspective. Excellent teaching resource.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Creatures looks interesting - and thanks for sharing the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Creatures is so interesting that I find myself thinking about it throughout the day.

      Delete
  4. I'm intrigued by Beautiful Creatures - one of my good friends recommended the movie to me. I should check it out soonest. Barnum's Bones also caught my eye. Will have to be on the lookout for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All excellent books and I can't wait to see the Beautiful Creatures movie but i have to finish the book first.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh...Fairy Tale Comics looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it on Net Galley a few weeks ago. It was Ok, not quite what I like in a twisted fairy tale.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I took a peek at it on Amazon. It's cute..I'll try to get my hands on one to take a look at. Thanks again for the Dead End in Norvelt advice!

      Delete

Thank you for verifying. Your efforts are appreciated.