Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas with Pete

Picture Book Month Celebration
Day 30 theme: Holidays

I did it! Big pat on the back. I dutifully wrote a posting for each themed day of Picture Book Month. This has really been an eye opener for me. I now have such respect for Writers and the discipline it takes. Now I understand why writers set daily writing goals for themselves. I think I will stick to what I do best-introduce the magic of wonderful books to readers. I perform a pretty darn good read aloud and I am also a whiz at creating finger-plays. 

Picture Book Month has been a happy success at my school. The library tables were overflowing with colorful choices beckoning readers to choose them. My voice has been hoarse almost all month from reading so many titles. Today kiddos will finish up their Picture Book Month challenge and will earn library badges for reaching their reading goals.

We will take Picture Book Month to the finish line with our good friend Pete the Cat as he comes to Santa's rescue and saves Christmas.



Browse inside the book here

'Twas the day before Christmas and Santa was ill.
In the cold winter wind he had caught a bad chill.
Will Christmas be canceled? Will it come to that?
"Never!" cried Santa. 
"Let's call Pete the Cat!"

In this rockin' new spin on the traditional tale The Night Before Christmas, Pete the Cat proves that giving your all in the spirit of Christmas is the totally groovy thing to do.

Pete the Cat Crafts and Activities
 Download all the groovy  Pete the Cat songs here
Harper Collins Pete the Cat Saves Christmas Activity Booklet
Pinterest is a great way to find curated Pete the Cat crafts and activities
Check out these two boards:  Bonnie Munn    Erin Meehan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for verifying. Your efforts are appreciated.