Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 16: I am a Wiki Freak

I am all into Wiki and subscribe to the free and ad-free educational wikis from wikispaces. They are incredibly easy to set up and manipulate. Wikispaces often offers free webinars in real time so you can ask and receive answers from its moderators. They have video tutorials that show step by step methods of creating wikis. The most recent webinar was a cultural education exchange webinar in which an American school collaborated with a school in Hati on a wiki. It was amazing-the learning and sharing that was taking place.

I first used wikispaces a year ago as a way to present at the ME(2) by the SEa Mathematics and Science Conference. I introduced useful mathematics web sites and online games that could serve to help strengthen students math skills by engaging them in fun, but helpful practice. My new wiki is now under construction-a Kids Book Club that I will be using to promoting book discussions, book clubs, book trailers, and book voting.

Wikis are so easy and the possibilities for their uses are practically endless. I am a such a wikifan.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of inter-school and inter-national wikis. That is something I could really see working in our programs, particularly for a short term assignment.

    I also like that you are starting a book club via wiki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of wikis. I wish I had more time to work on mine. Feel free to join us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for verifying. Your efforts are appreciated.