Please give specific answers for each question.
- What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? The ease of RSS feeds really enlightened me, and I fell in love with the way I could take a quick glance at all the sites I follow. I can see who has updated their blogs, who hasn't, which new books have just hit the shelves, and so many more things I wanted to know, but never had time for before.
- How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? This program was like oxygen to me. I completed my masters degree six months ago which left me in education withdrawal. I love taking classes and learning new and exciting or useful things. I would say that I will miss this discovery learning journey, but in truth, I have no plans to stop exploring the boundaries of technology. I will also work to bring fellow teachers into the fold, so they can see how incredibly easy technology is to incorporate into the learning environment. We have to speak through the varied sources of medium that students today are using and communicating through, lest we lose them.
- Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Not sure what you mean by take-a-ways. I am taking a way all the knowledge with me, and will definitely be incorporating about 80% of it. I will probably disable my avatar. It just wasn't me. Many of the tools will help to simplify my technology life and will make accessing the technology I need from any computer much easier than before.
- What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? Hmmm. You have done a very nice job. There were many times that I had to come back to blog posts to remember how to work a particular tool. The podcast upload was a struggle, until I actually went back and slowly read through the instructions. The reminder tip from VWB was what did the trick for me. I would save my Photostory but then not proceed to finalize the video. Patience, patience, patience makes perfect. Or in my case...a completed project that is passable. (I hope).
- If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? YES! Please put me on your "she will definitely do it" list.
- How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Discovery
- Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs? OK! I will go forth and blogment.